We Put Your Dues to Work – Join Us!
We believe in being a proactive and progressive association for our members. It all starts with a strategic approach to promote the SCMA initiatives that drive revenue for our members. We want members who are passionate and willing to roll up their sleeves and help deliver education, awareness and promotion of concrete masonry at the grassroots level. Every meeting, every relationship and every day is an opportunity to promote the Masonry One Voice across the SCMA five state footprint. If you are a producer, supplier, engineer/architect or even a student, join us in promoting the world’s greatest building material! If you believe in masonry, then be a masonry champion and join the SCMA!
- A Voice in the Largest Concrete Masonry Association by Geography in the U.S.
- Networking and Relationship Building at Winter Meeting & Annual Conference
- Specific State Promotional events – ongoing opportunities to network and collaborate
- Access to new SCMA e-newsletter with a reach of 1,000-member company contacts
- SCMA Concrete Masonry Virtual Academy – Monthly/Quarterly Presentations
- Over 50 AIA-approved Continuing Education Programs
- Member Masonry Workshops – Estimating 101, Block 101, etc.
- Member Internal Commercial Sales Training
- Professional & University Blockfest Events
- Educational Student Plant Tours
- Lunch and Learn Programs
- Grassroots efforts to promote Masonry
- Community Service and & Giving Back
- Strategic focus on AIA, CSI, and SEA Chapters
- Professional & Leadership Development
- Career Development Member Training
- Awards & Recognition Programs
- Accelerate & Expand Masonry Digital Platform
- Implement New Masonry Technology in the Field
- Advocate for Masonry within Building Codes
- Future Job Board and Resume Bank
- SCMA Website Features – highlighting members events on website homepage
- Educating University Students on New Masonry Technology
- Find your passion and get involved with one of the 10 SCMA committees
- Skills USA Events in all five states
- Simplifying Masonry Series “Sell Sheets” for all Members
COMMITTEES to Champion Engagement
SCMA is proud of the 75+ men and women that serve on the committees promoting masonry! These committees serve as the backbone of our promotional, educational, and marketing efforts across our five-state footprint.
The purpose of this committees is to conduct promotional efforts in each state with a focus towards architects, engineers, owners, developers, university students, and high school students. These committees are made up of producers, cement shippers, associate members, and other interested membership parties.
- Concrete Masonry Weeks
- University Blockfest and Unit Design Competitions
- Full Day & Half-Day Symposiums
- Concrete Masonry Academy AIA Approved Presentations
- Lunch & Learn Events
- Roundtable Discussions on Codes, Technology and Natural Disasters
The purpose of this committee is to create educational and promotional resources to strengthen the concrete masonry industry in the building community.
- Strategic Wood Initiatives
- New SCMA Newsletter
- Monthly Marketing Editorial Calendar
- Masonry Articles & Marketing Collateral
- Social Media Campaigns
- Website improvements – Job Board & Membership Improvements
The purpose of this committee is to create educational and training programs with a primary focus towards increasing the professional sales skillset of member companies to enlarge the pool of masonry experts in the field. This diverse committee is made up of producers, cement shippers and other interested membership parties.
- Concrete Masonry Academy
- Monthly webinars offering continuing education credits for masonry personnel, architects, engineers, general contractors, etc.
- Internal Masonry Training Programs
- Commercial Sales & Project Delivery
- Block 101 Training Courses
- New Products Updates
- Residential Masonry Framed Home Program
- Presentations on Understanding Masonry
The purpose of this committee is to maintain and expand the labor force in all five states. It is vital to provide an adequate supply of skilled labor to the industry.
- Financial sponsorship to schools, events, and trainings
- Provided materials, volunteers & judges for various competitions
- Creation of SCMA Workforce Development Council
- Met with state leaders to discussion getting masonry in schools
The purpose of this committee is to provide support to the professional community and the SCMA staff to ensure seamless approach when to comes to handling technical aspects of masonry.