Why you should join SCMA?
We find being a diversified membership allows people within the industry an opportunity to support and promote the ongoing initiatives of the SCMA. Any block producer or supplier doing business in the five-state footprint would benefit from becoming a member of this association. Likewise, any engineer/architect doing business in the five-states, or any student interested in becoming an integral part of the masonry industry should consider membership to SCMA. Our members see the benefit of SCMA’s efforts…now is the time to step up and contribute to the protection of your market share and your future.
- A Voice in the Largest Concrete Masonry Association by Geography in the U.S.
- Sponsor events throughout the year including Concrete Masonry Weeks
- Promotional events – ongoing opportunities to network and collaborate
- Access to new SCMA e-newsletter with a reach of 15,000+ contacts
- AIA Continuing Education Programs
- Masonry Workshops
- Block Plant Tours
- Lunch and Learn Programs
- Excellence in Masonry Awards
- Skills USA Events
- Semi-Annual University BlockFest (NC State, UNC Charlotte, Clemson, University of TN)
- Simplifying Masonry Series “Sell Sheets” for all Members
- Advertising and marketing opportunities from print to online to social media
- New 2021 What’s New in Masonry Series to showcase new products to members
- Ability to host educational sessions on the SCMA Concrete Masonry Academy
- Accelerate & Expand Masonry Digital Platform
- Implement New Masonry Technology in the Field
- Advocate for Masonry within Building Codes
- Collaboration on problems and solutions – expertise addressing specific construction issues
- Professional Services
- Technical Services
- SCMA Website Features – highlighting members events on website homepage
- Current Industry News
- National representation in related organizations
- Educating University Students on New Masonry Technology
- Find your passion and get involved with one of the SCMA committees
COMMITTEES to Champion Engagement
SCMA is proud of the 75+ men and women that serve on the committees promoting masonry! These committees serve as the backbone of our promotional, educational, and marketing efforts across our five-state footprint.
The purpose of this committees is to conduct promotional efforts in each state with a focus towards architects, engineers, owners, developers, university students, and high school students. These committees are made up of producers, cement shippers, associate members, and other interested membership parties.
- Concrete Masonry Weeks
- University Blockfest and Unit Design Competitions
- Full & ½ day Symposiums
- Concrete Masonry Academy AIA Approved Presentations
- Lunch & Learn Events
- Roundtable Discussions on Codes, Technology and Natural Disasters
The purpose of this committee is to create educational and promotional resources to strengthen the concrete masonry industry in the building community.
- Wood Prices Six Month Eblast Initiative
- New SCMA Member Newsletter
- Monthly Marketing Editorial Calendar
- Masonry Articles & Marketing Collateral
- Website improvements – Job Board, Membership Improvements, Recorded Webinars
- Social Media Campaigns
The purpose of this committee is to create educational and training programs with a primary focus towards increasing the professional sales skillset of member companies to enlarge the pool of masonry experts in the field. This diverse committee is made up of producers, cement shippers and other interested membership parties.
- Concrete Masonry Academy
- Monthly webinars offering continuing education credits for masonry personnel, architects, engineers, general contractors, etc.
- Internal Masonry Training Programs
- Commercial Sales & Project Delivery
- Block 101 Training Courses
- New Products Updates
- Residential Masonry Framed Home Program
- Presentations on Understanding Masonry
The purpose of this committee is to maintain and expand the labor force in all five states. It is vital to provide an adequate supply of skilled labor to the industry.
- Financial sponsorship to schools, events, and trainings
- Provided materials and volunteers for various contests including Skills USA
- Creation of SCMA Workforce Development Council
- Met with state leaders to discussion getting Masonry in schools
The purpose of this committee is to provide support to the professional community and the SCMA staff to ensure seamless approach when to comes to handling technical aspects of masonry.